Posted by Justina Okpanku
Tourism stakeholders are expected to storm the eye-popping Exhibition Hall of the International Conference Centre (ICC) Abuja where no fewer than 100 new members will join the ranks of who’s who in Nigeria Tourism, both in the public and private sectors.
The leading tourism personalities in Nigeria will be inducted into the Tourism 100 Club today during the 7th edition of the Abuja Jabamah. The induction is part of activities lined up for the annual travel programme for Abuja and the Northern market.
Travellers Magazine last year unveiled a list of 100 tourism personalities in Nigeria who have made a mark through their contributions to the development of tourism in Nigeria and they cut across sectors including government, hospitality, tour operations and the media.
According to the magazine’s publisher, Ikechi Uko, “In 1998, the Travellers magazine published its first compilation of the Nigerian Top 100 Tourism Club and the compilation served the industry well as it was a database of ‘who is who’ in tourism business in Nigeria.” “Twenty years after, an update was needed and we came up with the list of Top 100 tourism personalities who have made tourism in Nigeria in 2018. In 2019 we have decided to promote the emerging performers in the industry.
Meanwhile the nominees for 2019 induction cut across different categories such as emerging leaders of the travel industry, youth tourism promoters and the media.
Youth Tourism Promoters
1. Lola Adefope – MD, Business Travel Management
2. Olugbenga Omotayo Sunday- Lead Consultant , Tojum Hospitality
3. Odion Chigbufue – G.M, Tour Brokers International
4. Oguntoye Taiwo Oye – Co-founder Twins Tourism
5. Oguntoye Kehinde Oladele- Co-founder Twins Tourism
6. Anago Osho- Founder, Anago Osho Adventures and Heritage Preservation
7. Omotosho Hakeem Olamilekan – MD, Omotosho Travels and Tours
8. Bolaji Seun- MD, Naija Explorers
9. Debbie Egwuogu – CEO, Waka with Debbie
- Michael Balogun – CEO, Tour 2 Nigeria.
- Dein Gbabo, Business Development Manager, Akwaaba Travel Market.
- Paul Ukachukwu – Facilitator, Akwaaba African Youth in Tourism Conference
- Tolulope Ogundipe – CEO, Tulpan Travels and Tours
14. Abigail Adesina OlagbayeEmerging Leaders of the Industry
15. Jennifer Awoh – Marketing and communications officer, SAT
16. Adun Okupe – CEO, Red Clay Advisory
17. Justina Ovat – Founder, Calabar Hospitality House
18. Geraldine Itoe – CEO, Nova Rosta Ltd
19. Nneka Unachukwu-Okaro- CEO, Janine’s Travel Company
20. Lydia Akpadiaha – Head, Marketing and Media , Remlord tours
21. Johnpaul Ezeani – CEO, Iconnect Tourism Limited
22. Mofe Runsewe – CEO, Naija Nomads
23. Aminat Akanbi – Founder, Triplisters
24. Funmi Oyatogun – CEO. Tvp Tours.
25. Diala Chibuikem- CEO, International Hospitality, Tourism & Eco- Sustainability Forum
26. Bukola Akomolafe – Commercial Manager, Travelstart.
27. Oludayo Taiwo Gideon – CEO, Aeroport Travels ,Tours and Aviation school
28. Capt. Oudah Kenneth Anate – CEO, Stay Up Aviation School.
29. Olusola Segbenu – CEO, Travel Afcon
30. Patricia Ozioma – CEO, Smoothwaka Tours
31. Victoria Onyemuwa- CEO, Akenn Travels and Tours Limited
32. Derinsola Shotunde Taiyeloolou- CEO Derin Meat Foods Products Ent
- Ubong Ekpe Okon – CEO, Akwa Tourism Development Company
- Rita Obidike – SKAL President.
- Samson Aturu – President, HATMAN
36. Precious Okonji – FTAN Secretary
37. Ime Udo –VP, NATOP
38. Onuaha Maryann Nkiruka – CEO- Bellamaria travels
39. Hassan Abdulmalik – Fmr President,NANTA
40. Alhaji Ibrahim Goni – Conservator General , National Park Service
41. Shalom Asuquo – CEO, Travelab
42. Patrick Chidi – CEO, Jolie Global travels
43. Peace Iyare- CEO, PeacefulSky
44. Capt. Emmanuel Lordsgreat- CEO, Exodus Academy
45. Piriye Kiyaramo CEO,Travel Club
46. Erhahon Uhnamure – MD, Brisk Marketing and Travels
47. Ibiwari Uloma Kemabonta – Managing Director, Retz Holiday Ltd
48. Aniedi Udofia – CEO, EDC Travels and Tours
49. Ifeoma Aneke – CEO, Allure Travels and Tours
50. Jibola Oluseye- CEO, Itravels and Tours
51. Wole Ayorinde – Co- Founder,Travel Beta
52. Balqees Olubunmi Olaniyi- CEO, Olabaf Travels and Tours
53. Ajibola Ogunkeye – CEO, Ufitfly
54. Obumneke Obioma- CEO, Geo2urist Global Exhibition
55. Makanjuola Ibrahim Sholar – MD, Getitome Travels
56. Chiamaka Ifediora – CEO, Merging BoardersMedia List
57. Andrew Okungbowa – New Telegraph
58. Justina Okpanku – JUSTOURS & News
59. Hope Obeten – Calabar Blog
60. Niyi David – More Cream than Coffee
61. Hannah Oni – Leadership Newspaper
62. Taiye Baiyerohi Olayemi – Global Village Extra
63. Chidozie Uzoezie- The Afritraveller
64. Fisayo Olayinka-Bello- TheFisayo,
65. Chinyere Nwanma Ogidi- Wakabout
66. Friday Nwosu – Reporter, ATQ News
67. Chigozie Chukwuemeka – Project Manager, Jedidah Promotions Ltd,
68. Sunday Onen – Image Developer/ Web Admin , ATQ News
69. Glory Okon – Splendour Tv
70. Ayo Shadare – CEO, Inspiro Productions Ltd
71. Abom Ephraim Okon – Organiser, Annang Festivals of Arts & Culture
72. Chinedu Okeke / Oriteme Banigo – Founders, Gidifest
73. Ozo Chinedu Idezuna Ezemuo- Organiser, Eko Oni Baje Festival
74. Dr. Iyam Ugot – Carnival Calabar, Band Leader
75. Hon. Apata Samson Nunayon – CEO, Badagry Citi Tour
76. Hon. Adiele Ekene – Organiser, Ukwa Carnival, Abia
77. Chef Gbechoevi Benoit
78. Chef Eric Mekwuye
79. Chef Fatima Haruna
80. Chef Sleek Esther
81. Chef Folashade Soyombo
82. Eyitayo Ayoola – CEO, Esporta
83. Chukwudi Oforha- Ibari Oqwa Owerri
84. Monday Uko – CEO, Monty Suites
85. Micheal Monday Idakwo- Hotel Consultant, Abuja
86. Gabriel S Watat
87. Jovita Inyang- Founder, Jevinik
88. Sunmonu Dauud Gbenga – Complete Culinary and Hospitality Academy
89. Commissioner for Tourism Akwa Ibom – Orman Esin
90. Permanent Secretary Lagos State- Mr Olaide Mesewaku Babatunde
91. Alhaji Ibrahim Goni- Conservator General, National Park Service
92. Oba Adeyemi Obalanlege– Olota of Ota
93. Acting DG Nihotour – Alhaji Kabir M. Momoh
94. Commissioner for Tourism Lagos State- Mrs Shuli Adebolu
95. Commissioner for Tourism Ondo – Mr Ismaila Olurisimi Ayodeji
96. Commissioner for Tourism Ekiti – Hon. Muyiwa Olumilua
97. Commissioner for Tourism Ogun- Hon. Muyiwa Oladipo
98. Commissioner for Tourism Sokoto – Mohammed S. Arewa
99. Commissioner for Tourism Edo State – Mr Osazee Osemwengie- Ero
100. Director of Domestic Tourism Federal Ministry of Information and culture – Mrs Halima Sanni
Some notable names that were inducted last year include Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed; DG National Council for Arts and Culture (NCAC), Otunba Olusegun Runsewe and DG, Nigeria Tourism Development Corporation (NTDC), Folorunsho Folarin Coker, the Commissioners for Tourism in Lagos and Plateau States, Steve Ayorinde and Mrs. Tamwakat Weli respectively.
Other events lined for Abuja Jabamah 2019 includes: Familiarisation Trip, Sampling of Northern Cuisine With Chef Fatima, and a B2B Session.
Abuja Jabamah is a Travel event put together by the organizers of Akwaaba African Travel Market in its efforts to drive domestic tourism. It seeks to play host to a huge travelling population, hotels, tour operators and travel agents to recognised and Induct the 2019 batch of Nigeria’s Tourism 100 club. The 2019 inductees with a key focus on emerging leaders within the youth population consists of exceptional tourism promoters, CEO’s, Government officials, Media and Exceptional employees of Companies positioning Nigerian Tourism to the world. There will be B2B speed networking sessions while specifically showcasing the tourism attractions of northern Nigeria and delegates will have the opportunity to have a taste of Northern delicacies which will be catered by Abuja’s Chef Fatima.
Contact us: email@example.com